Friday, January 1, 2010

Tchau Natal and Brazil

After being in Natal for two months, I decided that it was probably time to leave Brazil. I came to this decision with a very heavy heart and with much emotions. I absolutely love Brazil. I could see myself living there but I could not continue living in Natal. I didn't like the city and my job was just not happening. I had made up my mind probably within the first two weeks of arriving in Natal but I spent the rest of the time just thinking about it and weighing my options.

I decided to stay in Natal for the remainder of the year then in the New Year I would spend some time traveling then I would go home to Jamaica. My supervisor was not to happy with my decision to leave and I really felt bad to tell them I was leaving but in all honestly I had to think about my happiness and my future. I am not getting any younger and need some form of job security and satisfaction which I did not have in Natal.

I thought the decision to leave was difficult but it was nothing compared to the packing process. Imagine packing up all my stuff and making them easy to travel with. Let's just say I had much fewer things that I had when I first came to Brazil. But the downsizing will be worth it because I am going to see more of Brazil. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment