Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Project-ShareHim

My interpreting experience in Mimosa and the opportunity I had to work in an evangelistic series have given birth to a desire to work on more evangelistic campaigns. So after Mimosa, I started search for other campaigns. The evangelist series in Mimosa followed a program from aministry called ShareHim program. ShareHim is an organization affiliated with the SDA church which help laymen of the church hold evangelistic campaigns around the world. So I decided to first search the ShareHim website for other projects they were having. Just imagine how surprised I was to learn that they would be having a project in Fortaleza in the Northeast right after my contract with UCOB would expire.

I immediately made contact with ShareHim coordinator hoping to find out more information and to know if I could be part of the team. I received a prompt respond but it was not really positive. To participate in the evangelist series I was required to raise a lot of money, which I did not have. It seemed like a roadblock. Anyways, I decided to participate from the Brazilian side. The Brazilian SDA Church obviously had to have some input because it was here in Brazil in their churches. I again encountered difficulty. Nobody I spoke to knew who in Brazil was organizing the series.

I made some headway, three or so months later, after watching the ASI Convention on the Internet and learning about MissionServ which was the Brazilian/American organization working alongside ShareHim to organize the series in Fortaleza. I emailed the President of the organization and she was ecstatic to have me help her organize the series. Problem resolved!


So after finishing with UCOB, I packed my bags and said bye to the West Central Brazil my home for almost a year and made my way to the Northeast. The tropical part of Brazil. I flew from Brazil to Fortaleza and as the plane was descending to land in the airport. I was able to get a bird's eye view of the place I would be staying for a next month or so. The city is right on the coast. So, I would able to see the ocean for the first time since I came to Brazil. As I landed, I was excited, because many people said the Northeast was like the Caribbean.

I will tell you how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. I've tagged you...sharing some love & sunshine w a fellow blogger :) You can find it on www.likepinkpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete