Friday, October 10, 2008

A Tribute to Phoenix



Leaving Phoenix is bittersweet. The hardest part of leaving Phoenix is leaving my sister and all the friends I have made here. It is difficult to recount the all the great and awesome things I experienced over the past 9 months. I have grown so much over these few months. Looking back, I know for sure that it was God's plan for me to move to Phoenix at the beginning of this year.


It amazing how from the very beginning, Phoenix felt like home. I met some really awesome people who have now become my family. I am so grateful for having room-mates like Tamar and Valrie. They welcomed me and have become like sisters to me. Thanks for the many laughs and stories guys. I am definitely going to miss you guys.


The person I will miss the most is the my sister, Donna-Marie aka
"Kim". When we were growing up together we did not get along, but that all changed over the past months. We are not just sisters, we have become really good friends. My sister gave me a place to stay when I moved to Phoenix and provided me which all-round support for all of my many adventures. I could never repay her for all she did for me while I was in Phoenix. I could not ask God for a better sister. Kim, I love you and I'm going to miss you!


I was most amazed with the landscape of Phoenix. I came to Phoenix expecting to find a boring desert but it is so much more that a desert. In the Arizonian desert there is beauty. Arizona gave me a new appreciation for nature. I have fallen in love with the outdoors and I have seen and felt God's presence there. After visiting places like the Grand Canyon and Sedona, hiking up Camelback Mountain and camping in Strawberry there is no way I can doubt that God is in control and that He created this world.

I am most grateful for the growth in my spiritual life. I had a re-encounter with God in Phoenix. The Paradise Valley Church has provided with guidance and training for doing God's work. These prompted my next move into the mission field.



Unfortunately, my time for now, in Phoenix has come to an end. But, as I leave Phoenix, I carry with me the memories, experiences, awesome friends and the assurance that I will get to see many of the people I leave behind, if not on the earth on resurrection morning.

Bye Phoenix!






2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace-Ann, we (Chris & Davia)got you blog address from Kim today. It's good to know that you are ok and I will continue to remember you in prayer. Whatever makes you happy just go for it. Please post more photos of the Brazil experience and the scenery. I love Brazilian football.
    I heard that they eat aligator there, is that so?

    ReplyDelete